We’ve made some changes to the way we work, to help offer more local services, listening to you to improve what we do. Our housing team are dedicated to helping you with your tenancy, your rent, and moving home. If you need to speak with us, please get in touch.


As with any tenancy there are certain things we as landlords are responsible for, and there are certain things you as a customer are responsible for.

The You and Your Home documents are a little different for Affordable Homes, Shared Ownership and Market Rented customers - make sure you're reading the right one, and if you have any questions just ask your Housing Officer.

Affordable rent customers


Shared ownership customers

Private lettings customers


Health and safety

Communal areas

These should be kept clear of all belongings including bicycles, pushchairs, household items and mobility scooters.  Corridors are escape routes and should be kept clear at all times.

You must comply with any health, safety or fire advice given by our staff or contractors, and you must not do anything that will put you or anyone else in danger.


Gas safety

We provide annual gas servicing in our properties to keep our customers safe. It is important you allow us to carry out gas safety checks on the appliances in your home.


Useful links






If you have any concerns please contact us.

Fire safety

We want you to be safe in your home. Fire safety is everyone’s responsibility and we all need to do our bit to help prevent fires.


What we do to ensure your safety

  • Regularly inspect and maintain your building, so it meets safety standards
  • Carry out regular fire risk assessments in properties with internal communal areas (hallways and corridors)
  • Install smoke and heat detectors in all our new properties and as part of a significant upgrade
  • Service and maintain fire alarm systems in your building
  • Have a five-year plan to install smoke detectors in all domestic properties
  • Carry out electrical tests to all communal areas


What you need to do to ensure your safety

  • Test your smoke alarms weekly and report to us if they are not working
  • Let us know if you spot any fire hazards in communal areas
  • Don’t overload plug sockets, replace sockets which are broken or have loose connections
  • Do not use portable gas heaters, paraffin heaters or store any flammable liquid in your home other than small amounts of household products
  • Adhere to our ‘Stay Safe’ policy. Details of how the policy relates to your home can be found in your communal area. In the event of a fire in another property, you should be safe to stay inside your own home. However, if you do not feel safe, you should exit the building.

Saving money on your energy bills

The world of energy can get quite complicated when you really look into it. There are so many things to consider - fixed or variable tariffs, energy saving devices and smart meters, green or renewable energy sources… It’s no surprise that so many of us keep paying our bills without ever wondering if there’s a better deal for us out there. Changes at home, like a growing family, can be an ideal time to take a look at how much you’re paying.

That’s why the Flagship Energy Team are here. We can help you figure out how to save money on your energy, whether that’s through small gestures at home that add up to make a big difference to your bill, or through switching to a more suitable tariff.

Pet Statement

1. The purpose of this statement is to outline the approach which Flagship Homes take to customers keeping pets in their properties.

2. We allow pets in our homes unless you access your home through a communal door (in which case only pets that are usually kept in cages/tanks are permitted).

3. You do not need consent; however, we ask that you consider the impact of having a pet on your neighbours, your home, the animal itself and your finances before committing.

4. We do not permit you to have any breed of dog to which Section1 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 applies, including dogs placed on the Index of Exempt Dogs.

5. If a pet causes a nuisance, this could breach your tenancy and we will therefore take action to resolve this. This could include, but is not limited to, imposing conditions, requiring consent for further pets, reporting to animal welfare organisations, requesting the pet is re-homed or in more serious cases, taking legal action.

6. If you access your home through a communal door and need an assistance animal for a support need please contact us to discuss.

Home contents insurance

Insuring your possessions is your responsibility.

Remember when it comes to finding the best insurance policy for your home; you must take reasonable care to give accurate and appropriate information to questions asked when applying for cover or your claim may be rejected.

Features available on Flagships Homes Contents Scheme include;

  • New for old cover (except for clothing and linen)
  • No excess
  • Additional cover available for accidental damage, and loss away from the home for your personal belongings, wheelchairs and hearing aids (additional premium)
  • Cover for tenants’ home improvements at no extra cost


We remind all customers to take out Home Contents Insurance. By all means shop around, but take a look at our offering via AVIVA.

Anti-social behaviour

We want our customers to be able to enjoy their lives without being anxious about crime, disorder or domestic abuse.

Anti-social behaviour includes:

  • Harassment, aggressive and threatening language and behaviour
  • Violence towards people or property
  • Excessive loud noise
  • Domestic violence
  • Substance misuse
  • Hate crime
  • Pets being allowed to cause a nuisance

If someone is causing anti-social behaviour and this affects you, you should try and discuss things calmly and politely with them first - they may not realise they are causing a problem.

If the situation does not get any better, contact us on 0808 1684555 and speak to your Housing Officer in the first instance.

We will assess the nature of your complaint and take action where possible. If there has been violence or threat of violence, you should contact the Police immediately by dialling 101, or 999 in an emergency.